Also known as IAQ, Indoor Air Quality refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures, as it relates to the health and comfort of occupants. The United States as a whole, and Texas at the state level, provides standards relating to minimum acceptable IAQ levels. Understanding and properly controlling common pollutants indoors can help improve IAQ and reduce the risk of indoor health concerns.
Blue Label Services is a Houston, TX HVAC company that has a deep understanding of the indoor air quality standards in Texas. We provide no-charge air quality assessments, where we determine what can be done to improve the air quality in your home. Here is a brief overview of indoor air quality.
Ready to speak with an air quality technician?
Indoor Air Quality Facts
Before talking about our indoor air quality services, we would like to share some indoor air quality facts. Poor indoor air quality can affect the health of anybody living in or visiting your home. By reducing the number of irritants in the air, you can ease problems with breathing, asthma, and allergies. Our expert technicians know the best solutions for improving indoor air, and we have the equipment that can help improve your breathing.
Poor indoor air can contain a number of pollutants and irritants, including:
- Carbon monoxide
- Secondhand smoke
- Volatile organic compounds
- Odors that can be controlled and eliminated
The Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, has released a set of guidelines and advice around indoor air quality. According to the experts, taking these actions can help get indoor pollutants like those mentioned earlier under control:
- Test for radon and fix if there is a problem
- Do not let people smoke indoors
- Inspect fuel-burning appliances regularly for leaks, and make repairs when necessary
- Consider installing a carbon monoxide alarm
- Inspect fuel-burning appliances for leaks, and make repairs when necessary
- Always ventilate when using products that can release pollutants into the air. If products must be stored following use, make sure to close them tightly.
- Keep all areas clean and dry. Be sure to clear out mold and get rid of excess water or moisture.
What You Should Test For
When you schedule a no-charge air quality assessment with Blue Label Services, our HVAC experts will visit your home to test your indoor air quality. During this visit, we will test the air by:
- Providing a real-time digital reading of the current air quality in your home
- We will sample the outdoor air first to get a baseline of reference and then move into your home to see how the indoor air compares to the outdoor air
- During the test, we look for radon, mold, carbon dioxide, and other irritants
How to Find an HVAC Pro in Houston
Getting an assessment of your indoor air quality is simple, thanks to the pros at Blue Label Services. Our team of HVAC professionals will visit your home and complete a No Charge Air Quality home assessment and let you know what you can do to improve your air quality.
Contact us at 832-968-8630 to learn more.