Molds are a type of fungi that can grow indoors and outdoors, typically in damp, warm, and humid environments. With the Houston area experiencing humid and warm conditions nearly year-round, we are a prime spot for mold in homes. Mold can be found around basements, bathrooms, ceiling tiles, carpets, wallpaper, under sinks, and near plumbing pipes. If left untreated mold can cause various types of harm to you and your family, as well as lower the value of your home.
Here at Blue Label Services, we provide Houston area homeowners with mold inspection and testing. If you start to notice any of these signs of mold, you should contact our Houston area mold remediation service.
Signs Your Houston Home Has Mold
When somebody has mold in their home, inhabitants of the home typically show allergy-related symptoms. If you are unsure whether your allergies are caused by mold or another separate factor, go outside. Compare your symptoms inside the home and outside. If your symptoms get better when you leave your home, there is a good chance that there is mold present.
Here are some of the most common allergy symptoms that are triggered by mold:
- Sore and itchy throat
- Wheezing and difficulty breathing
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Irritated, itchy skin
- Runny nose and congestion
Certain forms of mold are more toxic than others. These forms can cause more serious symptoms such as bleeding, internal organ damage, mental impairment, and cancer.
In addition to allergies, there are other signs of mold in your home. These include:
- Odor: Many forms of mold produce a smell. If you’re experiencing a persistent musty odor, then there is likely mold in your home.
- Water leaks: If you know you have a leak, it is important to get it repaired quickly because areas where condensation forms can be a haven for mold.
- Signs of water damage: Any long-term moisture in your home will eventually lead to mold. If your home has water stains or discoloration, then you’re likely also dealing with mold.
- Visible signs of mold: Some forms of mold appear white and thread-like, while others appear in clusters of small black spots.
The cost of a mold inspection can vary, depending on the size of your house and the scope of the problem. Contact our professional Houston area mold inspectors for information.
If you suspect that your home has a mold infestation, contact our Houston area professionals. We will then visit your home to complete our inspection. We’ll let you know what needs to be done to cure the mold issue and then let you lay out the next steps, including remediation.
What to Expect
Blue Label Services has worked in the Houston area for decades, providing top-of-the-line heating, cooling, and mold testing. Here is what to expect:
- Dependable professionals
- Wow service
- Satisfaction guaranteed
Call Now For An Appointment
Do not let your mold problem go untreated. Call Blue Label Services at 832-968-8630 for an appointment.